Welcome to the forum:
Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.
What is included with support:
Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.
4th of July weekend:
Please note that due to the 4th of July celebrations, today, Friday July 3 the iThemes offices are closed. Normal Support will resume on Monday July 6.
Thanks for understanding, and have a great weekend.
Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:14 PM
I have a simple question before I go ahead and buy Builder + plugins.
I will be building websites for clients, so my only concern is:
once I'm done building, populating the theme with content and finish up the project, how do I prevent my client from seeing the " amazing tool " I used to create the website? in other words, any way to remove the tutorials help section, the theme name and thumbnail and unused layouts ?
Thanks for your help.
Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:42 AM
My Theme -> Start Here page can be changed to any webpage of your choice. See http://ithemes.com/codex/page/ThemesFAQ#How_to_change_the_Start_Here_link_from_the_theme_options
To learn how to change the name of child theme, follow http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Builder_Child_Themes#How_to_rename_a_child_theme
In the past one of our users asked the following:
and my reply was:
- Make Twenty Ten as the active theme
- Edit style.css in Builder (parent) directory. Change Theme Name from Builder to say, Company Theme. You might also want to change other values like Theme URI, Description, Author etc.
- Rename Builder directory to say, company-theme
- Edit style.css in Builder's child theme (whichever you wish to use and should be made active) directory. Change Theme Name from say, Builder Child Theme - Default to say, Company Child Theme - Default. You might also want to change other values like Theme URI, Description, Author etc. Change Template value to whatever is the name of parent directory (done in step 3)
- Rename BuilderChild-Default directory to say, company-theme-child
- Go to Appearance -> Editor. Activate Company Child Theme - Default theme.
Unused layouts can safely be deleted.