Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Presales: Multisite, Upgrades And Contract

new multisite

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_buyer_*

Guest_buyer_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:52 AM

I have a few questions before I buy:

1. What counts as a licence for Multisite? Can I have two different WP installs with the 2xlicence each being a Multisite with multiple sites? Or is it limited to two sites in total across all WP installs?
2. In that case, what happens when I migrate them?
3. What happens if I only have 1 site at the moment and I want to choose which site to use for my 2nd licence later?
4. Can I change the licenced sites?

5. Is it a lifetime fee?

6. Can I later upgrade to unlimited sites for the price difference?

#2 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

Hi there, :)

Thanks for posting this. Let's see:

1 : A license for Multisite would mean 1 single license that you apply to the top domain (Network Domain where the Network Admin settings are) and when you Network Activate BackupBuddy. Every site where BackupBuddy is literally activated (Network Activate OR direct activation) counts as one single license. Network Activate thus allows you to have BackupBuddy work on all the sub-sites with one single license (since Network Activate means all sub-sites get BackupBuddy automatically and without needing extra licenses).

Yes, you can have 2 different BackupBuddy licenses for 2 Multisites (one license each, with Network Activate option), regardless of how many sub-sites those Multisites have.

2 : If you migrate any site OUT of the Multisite, to continue using BackupBuddy on that MIGRATED site (that's now outside of Multisite), you'll need another license.

3 and 4 : Your licenses can be re-used and changed at any time. So for example, you can use License 1 on MULTISITE1, License 2 on SINGLESITE1, and then next week REMOVE (detach) License 1 from MULTISITE1 and attach it to SINGLESITE35, and then next year detach License 2 from SINGLESITE1, and attach it to MUTLSITE4. Does that make sense?

5 : Lifetime fee depends on which membership you have. Some memberships have yearly renewals, while others have one-time fee that works for you forever (no renewal fee then).

6 : Yes, you can upgrade anytime by emailing sales@ithemes.com

Please let me know if that answered everything for you, or if you need more clarification/examples.

Regards, and thanks again!

Bes

#3 Guest_buyer_*

Guest_buyer_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

Thanks very much :) That sounds perfect. I think I was getting confused because I'd mainly be using BB to migrate not to actually perform the backups. So I could do the following usage scenario with 2 BB licences:

Multisite (A) with 5 sub sites, Multisite ( B) with 3 subsites and Multisite © with 6 subsites
BB activated on A and B.
I could move all but one subsite from A to B with BB.
All sites would be backed up constantly.
If I need to move one from B -> C I just revoke licence from A and add to C, then migrate, then put it back on A?

a) Does that make sense?

B) Also could you tell me whether the 2 licence BB is lifetime and, if not, what the cheapest lifetime option is.

c) When is it anticipated to come out of beta?

Cheers,

#4 Guest_buyer_*

Guest_buyer_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:32 AM

Anyone able to clear these last few issues up for me so I can go ahead and buy?

#5 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

Hi there, :)

Thanks for the reply. Let's see (new points related to your questions):

1 : Multisite A has 5 sub-sites. Multisite A would require one BackupBuddy license that uses the "Network Activate" option.

2 : Multisite B has 3 sub-sites. Same as B: one separate BackupBuddy license that uses the "Network Activate" option.

3 : Multisite C has 6 sub-sites. Same as C: one separate BackupBuddy license if you choose to have BackupBuddy on that entire Multisite through "Network Activate" option.

4 : "I could move all but one subsite from A to B with BB" - could you explain this more please? You should be able to move anything from A to B with BackupBuddy.

5 : Yes, if you want to move on site from B --> C, you can revoke (aka "detach") any existing license from anywhere, apply it to C, use BackupBuddy on C, and then "detach" again and apply that license to any site you want.

6 : Let me know if any of the above 5 points are different than what you meant or if I misunderstood anything.

7 : BackupBuddy licenses are sold via different packages. Details: http://ithemes.com/member/signup.php?price_group=51&product_id=111

8 : Beta: BackupBuddy Multisite features will come out of Beta next year, though we don't have a confirmed date yet. Even with the Beta status, BackupBuddy Multisite works perfectly for many Multisites already, and if you have any issues, let us know here in the BackupBuddy or BackupBuddy Multisite forums, and we'll try to let you know the answer OR apply a fix in the next update.

Regards, and thanks again! :)

Bes

#6 Guest_buyer_*

Guest_buyer_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

Licence - just wanted to check I'd still get the final release of multisite within my year of updates.

Re: the link you posted, can you confirm that BB works indefinitely I just don't get updates or support after the first year?

Thanks

#7 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,843 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:32 PM

View Postbuyer, on 17 December 2011 - 04:12 PM, said:

Licence - just wanted to check I'd still get the final release of multisite within my year of updates.

As long as your subscription is valid, you will have full access to all releases and updates of the plugin

View Postbuyer, on 17 December 2011 - 04:12 PM, said:

Re: the link you posted, can you confirm that BB works indefinitely I just don't get updates or support after the first year?

That is correct,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.