Question About Builder City Church Theme

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Damon Whitsell_*

Guest_Damon Whitsell_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:27 PM

I was wondering if Ithemes is planning on adding video support to the church builder block plugin? It would be way kool for me if the City Church Child theme handeled our churches video sermons as easily as it will the audiosermons.

THANKS
damon

#2 Guest_Damon Whitsell_*

Guest_Damon Whitsell_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:40 PM

To Ithemes employees, Just to let you guys know - this is a pre-sales question and I would like to get an answer if I can to dEtermine what I am buying myself for Chrismas. THANKS!!!

#3 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,985 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

Hi,

this is not planned (yet), but could always be added as an enhancement. In the mean time, there are several WP plugins that allow you to add videos to posts.

Apologies for the delay in responding,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#4 Guest_Damon Whitsell_*

Guest_Damon Whitsell_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:40 PM

THANK YOU RONALD!!!

I have ya'lls Video Showcase plugin (I think ya'll call it vidembed now) but it would still be tough to duplicate the look and feel of ya'lls sermon page, and it would take way more time. Since I bought 2 flex themes, builder and the plugin suite (all more than a year ago) - do you think I could suggest adding that function to City Church ASAP. Do I need to email Cory or the guys at pluginbuddy? Or can you push my suggestion through to the right person? Please let me know and THANKS AGAIN. I'v always got good service from you brother.

#5 Koop

Koop

iThemes Lead Developer

• Administrators
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

Because of the complexity of hosting videos (many different platforms: YouTube, Vimeo, Flash, Quicktime embeds, et cetera), a problem is posed for us when adding this support to themes.

This is definitely something worth considering and it has been added as an enhancement for Builder Church Block.

Justin is the Lead Front End Developer for iThemes.

#6 Guest_Damon Whitsell_*

Guest_Damon Whitsell_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

Hi Koop, what do you mean it has been added as an enhancement to builder church block? That means itheme users have devolped the code to do it but Ihemes has not yet done it making it available to all of us non-coders? Is that right? If not, what id ya mean? THANKS MAN!!!