Builder Pre Sales Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Anne Moss Rogers

Anne Moss Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:19 PM

Our company has been a customer of yours for a long time and we are now looking to use builder. I understand how builder works however, I am confused as to how more than one can have access. If I purchase will my employees (3) be able to access it? I assume you post a site on a test server using a builder theme to start with and the builder features are in the starter theme. Is that how it works? And it makes a child folder so the theme can be easily updated? Thanks for your time.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,901 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to figure out what you're asking here. But a generic reply, Builder is "just" a WordPress theme. If, as you say, you have used other WordPress themes, then your employees will work with and access Builder just as they did with any other theme. There is no difference between Builder, or a Child theme for Builder, or using Remedy or Flexx or twenty-eleven. And as with any theme you purchase, you are free to use it on as many sites as you want.

There is no such thing as a "starter theme". builder does not make a child folder. You can use one of the child themes iThemes provides, or you can create your own child theme if you wish to do so. Read more about child themes (the concept), you may want to check the Builder Codex (http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/128-builder-codex/). Builder should be uploaded to the wp-content/themes folder, and so should a child theme. For a child theme to work, Builder simply needs to exists in the same folder as the child theme (generally, this is wp-content/themes).

We've also setup a trial environment, so if you want to "toy" with Builder (and the acute child theme), give it a go!

Please let me know if I misunderstand, of if you have more specific concerns and questions, and I will try to address these,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Anne Moss Rogers

Anne Moss Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:35 PM

This is the info I needed. Thank you. I will give it a go and read the links you referenced.

Builder should be uploaded to the wp-content/themes folder, and so should a child theme. For a child theme to work, Builder simply needs to exists in the same folder as the child theme (generally, this is wp-content/themes).