Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Please Note:

The iThemes offices will be closed Thursday Nov. 27 and Friday Nov. 28 for Thanksgiving.

Support will be limited, as we allow our support staff to spend some well deserved time off with their families. The iThemes Support team wishes you a great Thanksgiving weekend.

Contact Buddy Not Sending To Domain Of Website

Contact Buddy Issue

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 sfbcuoc1155

sfbcuoc1155

• Members
  • Others: All Themes
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:32 AM

I am having a weird issue with the contact buddy plugin. When I enter an email address on the domain that the current site is on, I never receive any messages. When I put in a different email address/domain, (i.e. msn, Google, etc.) it comes through fine. The interesting thing is that I have another domain with the same host and I can receive messages to that one without issue. Am I missing something? I have also opened a support case with my host to insure that there is nothing wrong on their side.

#2 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

Hello, :)

Thanks for posting about this. Hmmm, that is indeed very strange!

ContactBuddy should be able to send emails to any address you put. Yes please, let us know what the host says (they may tell you it's a WordPress related issue, though). In the meantime:

1 : Do you get all other WordPress email notifications correctly (like new user, reset password, new comments, etc)?

2 : If you put 2 email address in the "Recipient email address" field (separate by a comma), do both email addresses get the email?

3 : If #2 works, put your email address as one of the emails. See what happens then please.

4 : Since ContactBuddy works in sending email to your own email address on another domain (same server) but not the other, it's definitely something on that specific site.

5 : Which things (WordPress configuration OR plugin configuration) is different on those 2 sites (the site where sending an email to the admin works and the site where emailing the admin doesn't work)?

Regards,

Bes

#3 sfbcuoc1155

sfbcuoc1155

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

Bes,

Thanks for replying to my request.

1. I don't get notifications from Wordpress. I created a couple of test users to see if the notification email would come through with no luck.

2. Can't add two email addresses as the field has character limits.

#4 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:41 PM

Hi, :)

Thanks for the reply. Ok, yes: it's something related to WordPress then since you're not getting WordPress notifications at all.

Check to see your mail settings for that site (ask your host also) and see what could be causing the issue. Once you fix it in WordPress, everything should start emailing then.

Try changing admin email also to see if your new admin email starts getting emails.

Regards,

Bes

#5 sfbcuoc1155

sfbcuoc1155

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:44 PM

I got it fixed. It was an issue with the way that my MX record was setup in CPanel. My host was very helpful in resolving. I had to disable the local  delivery function.

Thanks for all of your help!

#6 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

Awesome, glad to hear that! :) Thanks for also sharing the answer - it should help others in the future.

Regards,

Bes