Can't Acess My Purchases

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hugh Dguard

Hugh Dguard

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:00 AM

Hi,

I purchased a number of ithemes items over a period of time, builder, plugin buddy, display buddy, billboard etc. I had a hard drive failure and lost all these items. I logged in and have no access to download any of them. It says I have to renew?

Thanks,

Hugh.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,144 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

Hi Hugh,

your product membership details (associated with the login with which you posted this question) do not show any current active subscriptions.

If your subscription has expired we would request that you renew your membership. Please note that if you have multiple logins associated with different products we can merge those into one if this would be more convenient for you.

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Hugh Dguard

Hugh Dguard

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:13 AM

Hi Ronald,

Apologies for the delay in replying. Surely I don't need to pay again for products that I have already purchased, only if I want to upgrade to the latest version?

Just so I'm absolutely clear, are you saying that having paid for a number of products, that I have no rights to download these versions? Basically this means that as a result of a hard drive failure all the products I bought from ithemes are gone...Money & products lost?

Thanks Ronald,

Hugh.

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,144 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

Hi Hugh,

you purchase a one year license to product downloads, updates and premium support. See also the FAQ section on the iThemes site. Once that year is expired, you do not have access to the product and members only support forums anymore indeed. If say, you buy a watch and loose it (for whatever reasons), you wouldn't go back to the shop and expect them to provide you a new one either I think. You may have insurance to cover for it, and for downloadable digital goods, that is generally a backup.

If you wanted to upgrade, you would have had to renew your membership anyway, we do have a customer loyalty program that gives 25% off purchases for renewing members. For more details or inquiries, please contact sales@ithemes.com,

Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Hugh Dguard

Hugh Dguard

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hi Ronald,

Thanks for the reply, thing is I didn't buy a watch. I purchased plugins, themes etc. If I bought a watch and the manufacturer brought out an updated version of the watch, my original watch would still work. Seems that is not the case with plugins and themes from Ithemes, when Wordpress or ? is updated.

Seems like I am really renting the plugins & themes rather than buying them outright.

Regards,

Hugh.

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,144 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hi Hugh,

just to be very clear, you are not renting the plugins or themes:

View PostRonald, on 05 February 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

you purchase a one year license to product downloads, updates and premium support.

The themes and plugins are yours to keep for a lifetime, and you can use them on as many sites as you want during that lifetime.

And since you mentioned the watch (I expected that to bounce back at me) I was not referring to a manufacturer updating a watch, I was referring to the owner losing it.

Ronald