information

Synchronization, Where Is It Back Up To..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Asa Hershoff_*

Guest_Asa Hershoff_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:31 AM

Hi folks..
My two most important questions about BackUp Buddy dont seem to have an answer anywhere on the site (and they seem like the crucial questions to me!).

Are backups INCREMENTAL (only changed files) or is the whole site backed up each time?

WHERE can you back up your site with BBBuddy? My own hard drive (preferable), your server, my server, S3.. seems to be no information on this central point..

Many thanks,
Asa

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 16,848 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

Hi Asa,

1. Backups made by BackupBuddy are not incremental as it doesn't keep track of changes, they back up the entire site each time. There is a directory exclusion feature though that allows you to tell it to not back up directories of your choice.

2. There are several choices for how the backups are handled after being made. The default is that after the backup is made it will be stored in a backups folder on the site. The backups can then be manually sent offsite (FTP, email if small enough, S3, Rackspace, Dropbox), kept on the site if desired, or downloaded. For scheduled backups they can even be set to automatically be sent offsite after creation.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX