Fluid Design For Mobiles With Builder

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Quentin_*

Guest_Quentin_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:27 AM

I was wondering if the builder tool will allow for fluid designs that is 100% width.

Quentin

#2 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,261 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:04 AM

In Builder, outer wrappers of modules can be made 100%, but the modules themselves by default will have whatever is set as the width in layout. The modules width can be made 100% by using CSS.

I will pass the URL of this topic to my colleagues so they can add further info, if any.

#3 Chris Jean

Chris Jean

Code Monkey

• Administrators
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

Builder does not support any fluid width layouts currently. As Sridhar indicates, you can do some CSS modifications to force percentage widths. However, if you force fluid widths, I imagine that most of the child themes would require some additional tweaking in order to better support the fluid widths.

Benjamin Bradley of WebDesign.com created a quick example of what could be done with some media queries and Builder. You can see his test site here.

#4 elianab

elianab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

I am also interested in fluid web design. Since you set the width of the page and other elements in the Layout editor, can you overwrite them in your stylesheet? I've just started reading about fluid web design, so I don't understand exactly what you're supposed to do yet. Do you set the width of the page to be 100%, and then everything else is a percentage?

#5 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,910 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

Hi,

for support requests, please use the appropriate theme or webdesign.com forum. However, as Chris (Lead developer of Builder) explained, Builder does not support this,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.