Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Child Theme for Builder—Template Is Missing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Joshua Dennis

Joshua Dennis

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:59 AM

I have a question about using child themes for Builder. I've purchased Builder and have tried to upload the child themes that come with it. After I upload the child theme Wordpress says that it is a broken theme and it's template is missing. Is there a solution to this problem? Thanks!

#2 Terry

Terry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:30 PM

I've used all of the child themes, and they work fine for me. My suggestion would be to re-download the zip files for the child theme and then apply them. As an alternative, you could try to FTP the files directly to your theme directory. Edit: Another thought comes to mind. If you haven't already done it, make sure you've uploaded BUilder itself, and not just the child theme.

Edited by Terry, 04 March 2010 - 11:35 AM.

#3 Joshua Dennis

Joshua Dennis

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:48 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have the same problem with all of the child themes even if I upload the files through my FTP Client.

#4 Terry

Terry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:08 PM

Then maybe you can start from scratch. Delete your child theme. Delete Builder. Upload Builder and activate. Then upload the child theme and activate. If that doesn't work, then you will probably want to re-post this problem in the Builder support forum, rather than pre-sales. Just make sure you have uploaded and activated Builder before you upload and activate the child theme.

#5 Joshua Dennis

Joshua Dennis

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:37 PM

Thanks that worked.

#6 sarah

sarah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder, All Themes
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

Terry - Thank you again for your help!

Joshua -Just fyi: in the future, post in the Builder Theme category. This is Pre-Sales and is for customers who have not bought yet. Posting in the right thread will ensure more efficient help.
Thank you!