Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Backupbuddy And Other Plugins Settings

BackupBuddy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

Is the backupbuddy compatible with other plugins? I need to migrate my blog to another hosting and I wonder if all my settings in the plugins like gravity forms, formidable pro, theme my login, etc will be saved in the backup.zip file so that I don't need to make all the settings again after migration.

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 18,542 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hi Mike,

When migrating a site with BackupBuddy all of the settings of site and plugins will be migrated along with the site. Most plugins store their settings and options in the database and migrating the database is part of the migrate process so they are carried along. Any that keep their settings in configuration files will also be migrated fine because BackupBuddy backs up all files that it can when creating a backup.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 Guest_Tessa Shepperson_*

Guest_Tessa Shepperson_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hello, I bought a two license backup buddy a year ago.  The sales information says that support and updates are unlimited so I assumed I did not have to pay anything else to be able to use this plugin indefinitely.

Today in my plugins page I got told that I needed to renew my license and then when I tried to do this it told me that I already had two licenses and could not have another.  But all I want is a license for one of the two sites I am using backupbuddy for!!  I am not trying to license another site.

I did not renew my 'membership' as asked recently I am not a developer and don't really want to discuss plugins on forums - I just want them to work so I can get on with other things.  I hope that the use of backupbuddy is not dependent on this 'membership'.  

One other point - I have been considering upgrading so as to be able to use backupbuddy on some of my other sites.  Do I have to buy a completely new 10 site license - if so is this ten sites INCLUDING the two sites I have already (in which case do I get a credit for the fact that I have already paid for these) or do I have to pay for them again??  

Tessa

PS My two licensed sites are www.landlordlawblog.co.uk and www.lodgerlicense.co.uk.

I am a headway user and bought backupbuddy on their recommendation.

#4 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • 18,542 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Hi Tessa,

When the 2-site license subscription expired the 2 licenses that were already used became inactivate, essentially the 2 sites are no longer have a BackupBuddy license attached to them. However, BackupBuddy still works fully even without the licenses attached; backups, migration, scheduling, etc. Having active licenses gives continued support and updates to BackupBuddy for those sites.

If you renew with a 10 site subscription instead of a 2 site one as did originally, then yes the 2 sites from before count towards the 10 licenses if you use 2 of the 10 licenses towards those 2 sites. Because when the subscription ended those two licenses became inactive and your allowed licenses went down to 0.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#5 Guest_Tessa Shepperson_*

Guest_Tessa Shepperson_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:19 AM

But in your sales information you say that you give unlimited updates.  Now you are saying that I can't get these without a license.  And I can't get a license without paying for membership!  This sounds like misrepresentation to me.

#6 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • 18,542 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hi Tessa,

The unlimited automatic updates it is talking about on the sales page is giving more information what it meant right before with "membership length for support and updates". It is letting you know that there isn't a set number of updates you can get during that time. If there is an update available you can apply that update to any and all sites you want that have a BackupBuddy license attached to them.

Thanks,
-Akers
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#7 Guest_ebul_admin_*

Guest_ebul_admin_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

I have just bought the two license/two site version of Backup Buddy.  It just worked great to backup to My Stash and as a zip file a website that was designed via a web class.  I plan to continue development on a local web server installed on my own computer system for now, once I set that up.  But I installed the BackupBuddy plug-In on the teacher's Wordpress install on his web location in order to backup the website while under development there.  

I don't understand how licenses are attributed.  My question is: does the license transfer over to the new location when I migrate the files?  Do I have to uninstall Backup Buddy from teacher's wordpress install first?  And when I take the website files live via a host, am I able to install backup buddy there, using that same 1 license?  Its all one website, just moving to different hosts, so is this all covered under one license?  I assume I would not have to uninstall Backup Buddy from local host when I take the website live?

Also, can my 2nd license be used for a multi-site situation with sub-directories on an IIS7 Windows server or will this be a problem?

Thank you!

#8 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • 18,542 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

Hi Ebul_admin,

When a site gets migrated it'll either need its own new license attached to it or can move the one that was on the source site to the new site. Different sites can't use the same license, but don't have to uninstall anything unless you are wanting to. The license count goes off of active licenses, that is licenses currently attached to a site so can use the license manager (in WordPress dashboard -> Plugins -> click Licenses under BackupBuddy plugin) to move, unattach, or attach licenses as needed.

A single license can be used for a multisite with sub-directories, that will count as one license. Though I will warn that multisite functionality with BackupBuddy is in beta so standalone sites are greatly preferred and Windows isn't officially supported. Some still use Windows though.

Thanks,
-Akers
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#9 Guest_SoVerse_*

Guest_SoVerse_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

I to have a question. I bought backupbuddy just a short week or two ago. It is working on one of my networks, however, on another network I am getting an error message that says
"Error creating anti directory browsing security files in director `/var/www/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/backupbuddy_backups/`. Please verify this directory's permissions allow writing & reading. Errors: `Unable to write index.php file. Unable to write index.htm file. Unable to write index.html file. Unable to write .htaccess file. "

I cannot find any information on this error. Whats going on???

#10 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • 18,542 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Hi SoVerse,

Could you please log into your ithemes' username/password and post your issue in the BackupBuddy forum: http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/74-backupbuddy/ When you make a new thread there you can explain anything you can about the issue you are having, any error messages you see, and what you've already tried. A good place to start though would be checking what the error message suggests verifying.

Thanks,
-Akers
PRAISE LORD HELIX