Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Please Note:

The iThemes offices will be closed Thursday Nov. 27 and Friday Nov. 28 for Thanksgiving.

Support will be limited, as we allow our support staff to spend some well deserved time off with their families. The iThemes Support team wishes you a great Thanksgiving weekend.

information

Downloading Back Ups & Scheduling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Zoe_*

Guest_Zoe_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:23 AM

Hi, How does back up buddy work in terms of downloading the back up files and database information? I want my clients to be able to keep a copy of their website offline without needing to use FTP.

Also is it possible to schedule backup buddy to make automatic backups every week or day?

Thanks,

Zoe

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 18,314 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

Hi Zoe,

You have several choices in how to handle BackupBuddy backups. They can be kept in the site itself, be set to have scheduled backups automatically sent to some specific remote places such as Rackspace, FTP servers, and Amazon S3 (can manually send to these places as well). And can download the backups to your local machine.

BackupBuddy does have a scheduling system that lets the person set up schedules to have backups made every day, week, or month. The scheduled backups can also be set up to be automatically stored or sent in some remote destinations if desired.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 Guest_George_*

Guest_George_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

Is there a way to disable the local backup but schedule ONLY a remote backup?

#4 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • 18,314 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

Hi George,

More or less, yes. There are scheduled backups that can be set up and you can have them automatically sent to one of your remote destinations. There is an option while creating that scheduled backup to have the local copy deleted after the backup is sent remotely. So you can't exactly deactivate the local backup as one does temporarily get made but for all practical purposes, yes.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#5 Guest_George_*

Guest_George_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

Thank you for the prompt reply! The problem I'm having is that the client's site's host (Adhost) doesn't support deleting zipped backups, etc. (and refuses my request to do so), so the backups can't be deleted. Any other workaround??

Thanks!

#6 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • 18,314 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

Hi George,

It sounds like you already have BackupBuddy? If so then it would be best if you logged into the forums with your ithemes username/password and posted in the BackupBuddy forums on BackupBuddy related questions, can get better answers there: http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/74-backupbuddy/

Though if a host not allowing you to delete .zip files sounds a little strange. Maybe they got confused and thought you were asking about a built in backup system they have on their servers? If you can't delete any zip files on the server might be an issue with permissions or ownership which host should be able to help with.

Thanks,
-Akers
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#7 Guest_George_*

Guest_George_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

Thanks Akers. Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. I'll switch now.

#8 Guest_George_*

Guest_George_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

I'm sorry but the link you provided doesn't accept my ithemes Member login (when I purchased the Plugins) nor allows me to register a new account (says "[#10123] The administrator is currently not accepting new membership registrations". What else can I do?
Thanks!

#9 emspluginbuddy

emspluginbuddy

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

Sorry for all the posts. Just realized I have to log into Member Login on the main page, not forum, then go to forums via my support page. It's a bit confusing to get there.