Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Flexx Pro Upgrade Or Builder?

Flexx Professional Builder

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Steven Vogue

Steven Vogue

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:28 PM

I have been using Flexx Professional and felt the need to upgrade the theme.  However, after seeing the virtues of "Builder" I am thinking it has more virtues and flexibility than Flexx Pro.  The question is, can I migrate my site over to Builder and still retain the extensive design artwork and programming that has been "re-themed" into Flexx Pro?  The site is www.IntimatePassionateLove.com
Thanks for the reply,
Steven

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,082 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

Hi Steven,

there is no "automatic" upgrade/migrate Flexx to Builder. You can still reuse the artwork and code of course, but it needs to be reapplied "manually" in a Builder child theme.

I hope that answers your question, let us know if you have any other inquiries,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Steven Vogue

Steven Vogue

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

Thanks Ronald:
As I'm not a coder or programmer I don't understand if the "child theme" would require re-coding and extensive work beyond my ability to "cut and paste" artwork and code from Flexx to the Builder child theme.  Although I would like very much to experiment with Builder as it seems more Flexx-ible than Flexx Pro, perhaps I should just go for the Flexx upgrade if its going to be too much of a project to convert.

Thanks in advance for your insight, Ronald.
Steven - www.IntimatePassionateLove.com

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 31,082 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

Hi Steven,

I don't have much insights to add to your own. You may want to give Builder a testrun on our trials site, to toy a bit with Builder, and of course you can find documentation and videos on Builder on the Builder page and in the Codex,

Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Ken Taylor

Ken Taylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:53 AM

I wanted builder so I clicked on, took advantage of the 44% discount offer and was then sent a link with a username and password.  I logged in but it keeps telling me I am not an active member.  What am I doing wrong.  I need to get started right away and could use some help.  Please advise?  Thanks in advance, really like this product.   Ken

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 31,082 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:11 AM

Hi Ken,

the membership details associated with the e-mail address you posted this post with only lists 2 expired subscriptions (Flexx and iTeam). Did you use another e-mail address for your most recent purchase?

Ronald