Better, More Convenient, Private Support for Your iThemes Products Is Here.

We're moving support away from the forum and in to private tickets - Log In to Get Support Here

Note: any currently open support threads in the community forum will stay open while we resolve them.

Change An Output Tag

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 kathyjf

kathyjf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

How do I change the tag 'submit" to "Submit"?
I am using the current version of Builder and the child theme "Foundations Blank"  My site is located at
http://kathyjf.com/Staging2/contact-us/

Thank you,
Kathy

#2 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hi Kathy, :)

Thanks for posting this. To change the label "submit" to "Submit", change line 215 of wp-content/plugins/contactbuddy-by-pluginbuddy/contactbuddy.php FROM

$return .= '<li class="contactbuddy-submit"><input type="submit" name="' . $this->_var . '-submit" value="submit" /></li>';

TO

$return .= '<li class="contactbuddy-submit"><input type="submit" name="' . $this->_var . '-submit" value="Submit" /></li>';

That's it! :) Make backups of the original file before doing this. You're basically changing that "submit" value to anything you wish.

Regards,

Bes

#3 kathyjf

kathyjf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

Thanks Bes.  One last question - If there is an update to cotactBuddy will I loose this change and if true, is there another way to make this change so that updates will not be a problem?
K

#4 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

Hi Kathy, :)

Thanks for the reply. Good question: yes, if there's an update to ContactBuddy, that above change will be lost and you'll have to redo it again.

For now, hmmm, the only thing I can think of is to have this as an actual feature request to allow customizing this via a menu settings area. I've filed this suggestion and will let you know whenever we have an update on this.

Regards,

Bes

#5 kathyjf

kathyjf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

Okay, thanks Bes.

#6 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

Just a small tip: you only need to keep an eye out for

value="submit"

in the contactbuddy.php file, whenever there is an update. :)

Regards,

Bes

Better, More Convenient, Private Support for Your iThemes Products Is Here.

We're moving support away from the forum and in to private tickets - Log In to Get Support Here

Note: any currently open support threads in the community forum will stay open while we resolve them.