Ignore: duplicate or crosspost

Can I Use Backupbuddy On Local Development Wamp Server? Serverbuddy Results

serverbuddy backupbuddy wamp server

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Algis Kaupas_*

Guest_Algis Kaupas_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

Hi -
I'm new to Wordpress and local development servers. I'm developing a WordPress site pro bono for a non-profit locally using WAMP Server on my Windows XP Pro computer. Backupbuddy looks fantastic as a way to move it to Dreamhost to show it to my client.

Dreamhost shows up as ok on serverbuddy. My development server shows warnings for zip methods - I have ziparchive,pclzip - and for Operating System - I have WINNT.

The file permissions for my local wordpress install are all set to 777, rather than 755. What does that mean? How do I change them?

Finally, if and when I have a backup, do I need a fresh install of wordpress in a subdirectory on Dreamhost or do I just set up another database?

Sorry about all the newbie questions, but I want to be sure I'll be able tio use backupbuddy before plunking down cash for a pro-bono project :)

Algis

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,871 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

Hi,

please don't cross post or doublepost, assume this is the same as this post: http://ithemes.com/forum/topic/23337-can-i-use-backupbuddy-on-local-development-wamp-server-serverbuddy-results/

thanks,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.