Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Tabber Widget in Flexx Removes all Widgets

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Maria Procopio

Maria Procopio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

Hi,
In Flexx, this is what happens: I create a tabber widget and all the widgets on my primary template disappear before I've put the tabber widget into a particular widget box. I've tried putting an empty tabber widget into a widget box, then I go to TS Widgets and assign the tabber widget to a page, then I go to tabber and create the tabber widget but that doesn't solve the problem. It appears that just creating a tabber widget (and not putting it into a widget box) removes all the widgets from my front page. I hope I'm being clear.

I watched the introduction video in the support forum. My tabber widget is in the tools section and, I think  Gatley's tabber widget is in another section of the dashboard (I've forgotten which.) Could it be improperly installed? How do I uninstall it?

Here's my site TybeeMarineScience.org, but you won't see any problems, because I deleted the tabber widget that I made. I add the site to this query, because Ronald yells at me if I don't.

Thanks, Maria

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,749 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:45 AM

Hi Maria, thanks for the URL Posted Image
And I hope I don't give the impression of yelling. I am just trying to make support work as efficient as possible, and in 95% of the cases, a URL will resolve issues rapidly, and prevent a couple of messages back and forth.
Anyway, you mention TS Widgets. Is that powered by a plugin? Does this happen when you deactivate all plugins?
You can remove a plugin from the plugins panel, deactivate and/or delete. You can then upload the latest version again, maybve that makses a difference.
let us know,Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,749 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:50 AM

Hi,
since you did post your url, and I did have a look, off topic, but I noticed you are using this 
<STRONG/>
to close your bold text, but that should be </strong> (or </STRONG> if you prefer caps, yelling so to say Posted Image).Either way, it invalidates your code, and may cause other issues
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#4 Guest_Derek_*

Guest_Derek_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:04 PM

I was using TS Widgets and it caused me problems too.

After trying Ronald's suggestion to try Widget Logic, I haven't had a single problem since.

And, it's far less confusing to use.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widget-logic/

- Derek