information

Backupbuddy Migration

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Sean_*

Guest_Sean_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Does Backup Buddy work with GoDaddy hosting since they are not Cpanel? Also, I want to create a site using a temporary URL in PHPMyAdmin and then transfer the site to another hosting company. Will that work? Am I going to have any issues changing the domain name? Thanks

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 15,033 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

Hi Sean,

BackupBuddy will work whether or not a host has cpanel. BackupBuddy runs on WordPress sites and you can check the server requirements on this page for full or minimum functionality.

Migrating a site to a temporary URL isn't the best, it can work but once the name change happens then will need to migrate again (either from a backup made on the temporary site or the original site).

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

So the video in migration will not work with godaddy?  When I put the URL in the address bar -  http://www.thescholarshipsco.net/importbuddy.php  it is saying that there is no content.  I dont get it?

#4 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 15,033 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

Hi Guest,

Please post your question in the BackupBuddy member's forum after logging in with your ithemes' username and password. It can get better attention there. When you do make a topic in the BackupBuddy forum include as much information about the issue that you can or think is relevant. In this case give more explanation what happens when you go to /importbuddy.php, such as if it is just a completely blank page or if there are any messages.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX