Purchased Renewal Of Backupbuddy License - How To Implement

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#-19 studioc5

studioc5

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, BackupBuddy
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

Noticed our developer subscription to backupbuddy expired today when we were working on a clients wordpress site.  So I went and purchased the annual renewal license.

how we do get it so the license updates - where we don't have to go to each individual website we have it installed on and reset?

please advise and thanks!

Carlos

#-18 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hi Carlos, :)

Thanks for posting this.

Hmmmm, eeeps sorry! You've run into a situation where you'll have to set each license individually again if it has expired. Once any membership expires for any reason, all the current licenses associated with that membership get invalidated/cancelled forever. You'll have to generate a new license key for each site to get the license activated and updated working again.

Would that be ok? It's the only way the current licensing system works (I'll try to see if I can get this suggestion in to keep such licenses working if a membership is re-activated).

Regards,

Bes

#-17 studioc5

studioc5

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

Thanks for your reply.  So you are saying - if we don't let it expire next time we won't have this problem?

#-16 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

Thanks for the reply. Exactly: as long as your membership is active and gets renewed on time, your licenses won't expire. Licenses only expire when the membership is cancelled (manually, expired, etc) OR if you delete them manually via the Manage Licenses area.

To avoid having to re-license everything, you can renew before the expiry date, yes.

Regards,

Bes

#-15 studioc5

studioc5

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

believe me - I will renew it next year before it expires ;)  what a pain to have to regenerate for all the sites.

thanks for the update Bes.

#-14 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for the reply! Yes, that would be awesome. Again, sorry you have to do that, though this should be the last time it ever happens.

Regards, and thanks again so much for being with us!

Bes

#-13 Dave Porter

Dave Porter

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:55 AM

My license has run out as well ( I have a developer license )...
A question and 2 comments!

Q)  How do I renew it ?  I can only see options to buy it again in the list of things to purchase in my admin

C1)  How come I didn't get an email to tell my it was due for renewal - it is a bit of a pain to find this out when I'm trying to use the product!
C2)  The list of products to purchase in that list is a nightmare trying to find things - not very user friendly - it needs to be categoriesed...

TIA, Dave

#-12 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

Hi Dave, :)

Thanks for posting this. Let's see (you can also open a new thread if you wish):

1 : Renewing license: you can buy it again in the list of things (once a license expires, you have to purchase it again) OR you can email sales@ithemes.com and they'll renew it for you.

C1 : Hmmmm, good question. You can ask sales@ithemes.com about it and they'll be able to let you know the notification policies on this.
C2 : You can let them know the suggestions, like feedback. They can let you know what is possible and what can be worked on, etc.

Thanks again!

Bes

#-11 Dave Porter

Dave Porter

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

So are you saying that the renew price is the same as purchasing the product again ?
That does not sound like much of an incentive to keep your customers !!!
Why is this not made clear ?  The List of products to purchase from has a title of "Purchase & Renew Products & Subscriptions" - yet none of the items in the list have a renewal title !  A bit disappointing !!!!
But thanks for getting back
Dave

#-10 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 28,708 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

Hi Dave,

as a renewing customer, you are eligible for our 25% "customer loyalty" discount coupon, please check it out: http://ithemes.com/forum/topic/7444-customer-loyalty-program-get-25-off-renewals-next-purchases/

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.