Q&a Plugin - Similar To Stackoverflow.com - Which Itheme?

Q&A Best Theme New

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Walt 4D

Walt 4D

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

I am new to iThemes Builder and their child themes. I want to use Q&A plugin from WPMU Dev that mimics Stackoverflow.com's Question and Answer forum, where people can vote answers and questions up or down.

Which iTheme theme should I be looking at as a good starting point for using Q&A?

Thanks and looking forward to using Builder.

Walt

#2 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,261 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

Any child theme can be used. They all have more or less the same standard functionality. So if I were you, I will pick the one that looks closest to how I want the site to be and use it.

If you already have a design ready (say in the form of a PSD) and you want to set up your Builder powered WordPress site to look like that design, my recommendation is to use either BuilderChild-Default or BuilderChild-Foundation-Blank.

#3 Walt 4D

Walt 4D

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

<p>Sridhar,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for the tips. As a followup, do any of the child themes include a signup widget that would integrate with MailChimp? I would like to have a single sign-up/sign-in to the site.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<div>Thanks,</div>
<div>Walt</div>
<div> </div>

#4 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,261 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

No.

You should be able to generate the opt-in form code at Mailchimp and just paste it in a text widget. At least that's how I did in the past with Aweber.