information

Backupbuddy And Wampserver

backupbuddy wampserver

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tonymayo_*

Guest_tonymayo_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

I am building sites locally using WampServer and just testing using your ServerBuddy plugin which is giving me File Permission errors  0777 for all paths.
Is this likely to be an issue when I  am uploding to my host's server? I also tested a live site on my host's server and all is well - so this is just an issue I am having on my local server.
I am keen to buy BackupBuddy as it seems to be the perfect solution for my requirements

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 16,430 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

Hi Tonymayo,

It will still work with 777 permissions. The reason it gives a warning when it sees 777 is because 755 is recommended for the permission setting. 755 gives enough access for BackupBuddy to do all that it needs to do on a site (permission-wise) but is safer than 777 because 777 pretty much gives full permissions everywhere.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 Guest_tonymayo_*

Guest_tonymayo_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

That's great.
That issue will not arise on my host's servers.

Just two more questions.
Will my licence continue to work after one year. I am not altogether clear on that.

And also, can I upgrade to developer licence even if I start with lets say the basic package?

Thanks in advance.

#4 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • 16,430 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hi Tonymayo,

If you don't renew after a year then the licenses will no longer work for continued updates and for access to the member's forums for support. The BackupBuddies already installed on sites will continue to work though as they are, the plugin doesn't "brick" itself (meaning it won't disable the plugin as a whole right when the subscription runs out).

Upgrading packages is allowed and fine. Just have to email sales@ithemes.com about it when/if wanting to do so.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#5 Guest_Rob_*

Guest_Rob_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

Hi I using xampp on old server 32bit 3.1 wordpress and would to move it to a new server 64bit wordpress curent version. Will Backup buddy work for me?

#6 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • 16,430 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

Hi Rob,

Yes BackupBuddy will be able to migrate to site on the old server to the new one. Plenty of customers have a development site (in such places as localhost or other online sites) that they have BackupBuddy on and when the dev site is ready they migrate it up to the live site.

When BackupBuddy migrates a site it makes a copy of the source site and puts a copy of the site at the destination site, so if migrating from a source site that has 3.1 WordPress then the new site will also have it after migrating because the WordPress installation from the old site is part of what comes with the migration.

Thanks,
-Akers
PRAISE LORD HELIX