information

Backupbuddy & Go Daddy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_MBS_*

Guest_MBS_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

I'm considering using BackupBuddy for our firm's WordPress-based site. Are there any issues using this product on a site hosted by Go Daddy servers? I'm less concerned about speed of the backup and more interested to know if there are any "gotchas" or odd glitches that are likely to create too much time spent trying to get the product to work well.  Thanks!

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 17,159 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

Hi MBS,

GoDaddy per-se is not specifically better or worse than most other hosts and in any case the performance of hosts (particularly with regard to shared hosting) can change all the time as they add more accounts to a server or move accounts around servers, overload the databases, etc. etc. That said GoDaddy does tend to turn the screws (more strict server configurations) on some aspects more than other hosts, but they do allow access to the native zip command which some other hosts don't for shared hosting.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 Guest_MBS_*

Guest_MBS_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

Thanks Akers, this was just the kind of info I was looking for!

#4 Guest_Tyler_*

Guest_Tyler_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

I'm having trouble getting BackupBuddy to connect to my Godaddy account via FTP. I keep getting this error: Failure; Unable to connect to FTP address `ftp.mydomain.com` on port `21`. Any suggestions? Is there something I need to know to get things to work with Godaddy servers?

#5 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 17,159 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

Hi Tyler,

Please login with your ithemes username/password and create a thread about your issue in the BackupBuddy forum: http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/74-backupbuddy/

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX