Will "slides" Work For This

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 webredaktor

webredaktor

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:40 AM

Thinking about using Slides for a project, still have some questions after looking over this page: http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Slides

1. The "next/previous buttons": are they set with those particular words or can I change to other words - as in adifferent language? Or can I display arrows instead?

2. Can I change the layout manually from the standard slide layouts using html/css to make it look exactly how I want it?

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,333 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

Hi,

you could make those changes, but it will mean that you need to edit some of the theme files, and you can use css code to change the styling of the slides and layouts. There is no backend settings or options or menu to do this,

hope that clarifies,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 webredaktor

webredaktor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

Hi,

OK. As long as I know what classes or ID:s to use I should be able to handle the css.

Could yoy tell me how to find the files necessary to change the button text?

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,333 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

Hi,

classes and ID's will become obvious once you have added slides to your site. More detailed technical information is beyond the scope of pre-sales, and we happily provide that information in the slides support forum, although we generally recommend against modifying core files, since it will make it more complicated to update the plugin,

Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 webredaktor

webredaktor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:03 AM

So from what you're telling me this plugin doesn't sound like a really good solution for me, since I need to have the next/previous buttons in swedish or alternatively just as arrows, just so there is no text in english.

But neither of this is possible then?

Do the language files belong to the actual plugin? It's not enough to change the wordpress language?

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,333 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Hi,

slides is not fully prepared for localisation, so changing the WordPress language won't of the trick unfortunately,

Ronald