Have Essence (Customized It) Want To Upgrade To Builder

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#-19 kcsaal

kcsaal

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Builder, Carousel, Featured Posts
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

Hi.

I created a website using the Essence Gold.  My question is, I'd like to move to builder but am afraid of losing all of the customizing I have done, such as making it red, adding a header, etc.  I've never changed to a different theme before and am nervous because I cannot afford to have my site down for days while I rebuild it.  Any advice you have is appreciated.  

Thank you,

Kate

#-18 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,412 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hi Kate,

Essence is not a Builder child theme, and there is no easy way to apply the layout of a non-builder theme to Builder, other than styling an existing child theme via css.

In general though, you could just develop your site on your own computer, or on another (test) domain until you are happy with the results, and then apply the new design and setup to your site.

Hope that helps,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#-17 kcsaal

kcsaal

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Builder, Carousel, Featured Posts
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

Thank you very much for your response.  I like the option of working on the site as test domain or my computer but have no idea where to get started with that.  Do you know where I might search in the forum for help with that.

#-16 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,412 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hi,

here's a start: https://www.google.com/search?&q=WordPress+localhost

Note that to migrate or duplicate WordPress sites, BackupBuddy is the tool to use,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#-15 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Builder_Frequently_Asked_Questions#How_to_setup_a_server_on_your_computer.2C_develop_Builder_sites_locally_and_migrate_them_to_another_location