Pre-Sale Question On Essence

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guido_*

Guest_Guido_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:51 AM

Hi!
I'm coordinating a new website for a academic use (i'm editiing the scientific content, but I'm not a technical administrator). I'm considering Essence, which shows exactly has I need in the Home.
I have two questions though
- all page layout have the footbar as the Home. In general though I don't want the footbar, Can this be customized (in particular the right/left page sidebar?
- can the page be of any length?
- can the css be customized?

Thnanks in advance.
Guido

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,144 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:15 AM

Hi Guido,

1. there is an easy way to create a page template for a page without sidebars, To create a page template without sidebars, you find detailed instructions in the Codex, (and of course use the support forum)
2. yes,
3. yes, through the wp-dashboard you can access the stylesheet

hope these help,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Guido_*

Guest_Guido_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:40 AM

That was quick and complete, thanks!

One more question (this might be a general wp question ...)
- the sidebars can be different for different pages, don't they?

Guido

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,144 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hi Guido,

they can, using a WordPress plugin such as Widget Logic (indeed, more a general WordPress question ;) )

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.