Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Email Buddy

email buddy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lisa_*

Guest_Lisa_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

How much does email buddy cost? Also, would i be able to add a pop up to gather the followers emails and contact info?

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,360 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

Hi,

as per the product page: "EmailBuddy is currently only available for purchase with the PluginBuddy Developer Suite, which includes BackupBuddy (our hottest plugin), Mobile, Billboard and Rotating Images and more to come."

I am not sure what you mean by "gather followers emails". You can collect e-mail addresses, and Emailbuddy will allow you to send e-mails to to addresses, that is primarily the functionality. But perhaps I misunderstand your question,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Rebecca Wolf_*

Guest_Rebecca Wolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

In what ways does e-mail buddy accommodate the collection of e-mails? If I already have a list on aweber, can I transfer it to email buddy? Can I create a subscription box for my website? Will the subscriber be sent to a confirmation page so they know their request went through? Are there autoresponder capabilities or is it simply an e-mail broadcast system? Is there a limit as to how many emails you can send at once without fear of being blacklisted as a spammer? Or is there SMTP capability or CRON jobs to spread out the email blast?

Also, I would like to purchase BackupBuddy and EmailBuddy but I already have Mobile, Billboarad and Rotating Images from the Foundation Pack I just bought. Is there any way for me to upgrade to just  these two plugins instead of buying the entire Developer Suite?

Thank you for your patience with my many questions!

Rebecca

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hi Rebecca,

I've got some answers for you:
  • In what ways does EmailBuddy accomodate the collection of emails?  You can import emails into EmailBuddy or users can sign up on your site.  (I hope that answers your question, not sure I 100% know what you're asking.  If that doesn't answer your question, let me know and I'll try again! :) )
  • If I already have a list on aweber, can I transfer it to EmailBuddy?  You can import plain text files into EmailBuddy, so if you can export your users from aweber into a plain text file, you can easily import them into EmailBuddy.
  • Can I create a subscription box for my website?  Yes
  • Will the subscriber be sent to a confirmation page so they know their request went through?  No, but they do have to verify their email address, so they will get an email asking them to confirm.  You can also enable Double-Opt-In.  
  • Are there autoresponder capabilities or is it simply an email broadcast system?  It is simply an email broadcast system.
  • Is there a limit as to how many emails you can send at once without fear of being blacklisted as a spammer?  Or is there SMTP capability or CRON jobs to spread out the email blast?  EmailBuddy sends out 50 emails every 1 minute in order to keep from being blacklisted as a spammer.  You can adjust the number of emails that are sent out each time and how long between each under settings in EmailBuddy.
  • Is there any way to upgrade to just these two plugins instead of buying the entire Developer Suite? This one I'm going to have to discuss with sales.  As soon as I find out the answer, I'll post here again.
Hopefully, I've answered all of your questions sufficiently.  If this doesn't answer all your questions, I'd be happy to answer any others you have!

Thanks,

Elise

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

Hi Rebecca,

I spoke with sales and they said just to contact them (sales@ithemes.com) and they'd best be able to discuss that with you.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#6 nathansimpson

nathansimpson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

How does email buddy send mail - Does it use the standard wp_mail(). If not can it - I want to try and use WP better since WP Better Emails wraps every "plain/text" email sent with the WordPress functionwp_mail(). - I'm sure that is far fetched but I was just wondering - sorry I should post this in a new topic : ) but i get overlooked so often?

#7 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

Hi nathansimpson,

EmailBuddy does use wp_mail.  

Also, the forums are manned from 8-5 Central time Monday - Friday.  I noticed your most recent posts were yesterday (Sunday) and early this morning.  So you're not being overlooked.  Please just give us time to respond to your posts.  

Thanks,

Elise

#8 nathansimpson

nathansimpson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

that is fantastic - I wonder if WP Better Emails will work with it- off to test now!
thanks

#9 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Great, Nathan!  Let us know how it works out!

Thanks,

Elise

#10 Guest_Craig_*

Guest_Craig_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

My cron job to email in intervals isn't working. I have to go to the tools page that displays how many emails are in que and hit refresh for the emails to get sent. Do I need to turn on a cron job feature in my cpanel?  I have noticed a couple other plugins that also don't work for cron jobs....

#11 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,360 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

@Craig,

Hi, please sign in with the username and password you use to access the membership area (from where you downloaded the product(s) you purchased), and post your support request in the Emailbuddy support forum: http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/97-emailbuddy/,

thanks,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.