Loopbuddy And Multisite

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_James_*

Guest_James_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

LoopBuddy looks amazing!  I am putting together a site for a school where some of the sections are network sites under a multisite install.  Does LoopBuddy work well with multistie?

#2 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

Hi James, :)

Thanks for posting this and welcome to the forums. LoopBuddy works well with Multisites, though at this time it has to be activated individually on each site instead of a Network Activate usage.

We plan to have such support (one single Network Activate) in one of the upcoming updates. I hope that explains it. Please let me know.

#3 semantico

semantico

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

That would be a welcome addition!

Will this update allow to query/show posts from subsites in the parent site?

#4 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Hi Richard, :)

Thanks for the follow-up. At this point, I think the feature will allow you to have LoopBuddy working on the entire Multisite like a standard Network Activate plugin, without the sharing of Queries/Layouts option.

Could you tell me more about the allowing of Query/"show posts" from subsites in the parent site? Once I know more, I may be able to add that as a feature request.

#5 semantico

semantico

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

A multisite typically consist of a main/parent site and several subsites. So what I mean, is the ability to (from within LB on the main site) query posts from multiple subsites and be able to display these posts combined into a page on the main site. In essence, to create a newsportal gathered from posts in subsites.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say :)

View PostBes Zain, on 20 April 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

Could you tell me more about the allowing of Query/"show posts" from subsites in the parent site? Once I know more, I may be able to add that as a feature request.

#6 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

Thanks Richard! :)

I've filed this as a feature request and will let you know as soon as there is any update on this.