information

Cannot Change Password For Forums

login forums password reset

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 dwcouch

dwcouch

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

I have reset my password, but have been unable to change it. I have logged in and Out a few times.
I enter the 'temp' password as current, and the new password in both fields. I get an error message that says I need to complete the whole form.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 28,722 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

Hi,

the easiest way to change the password is to click the "I forgot my password" link on the sign in screen. You can then reset your password,

hope that helps,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 dwcouch

dwcouch

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

Ronald, I had no problem sending myself the new password. It's when I go to change it that I get the error.

Here is the form completed with the temporary password that was e-mailed to me.
Posted Image

The error that results when I click [Save Changes]
Posted Image

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 28,722 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Hi,

this is a known issue that we are working on. If the password assigned to you is not acceptable, please send me an e-mail (ronald@ithemes.com) with the password you wish to use, and I can reset it manually.

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.