Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

Moving A Single Wordpress Installation Website To A Multisite Subdomain

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Sam_*

Guest_Sam_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing BackupBuddy but want to know if this is possible, or if you can advise me.

I have three seperate single wordpress installations for this purpose call them test1.mywebsite.com test2.mywebsite.com and test3.mywebsite.com

I also have a seperate multisite wordpress installation using sub domains at mywebsite.com

I want to migrate test1.mywebsite.com test2.mywebsite.com and test3.mywebsite.com to the multisite (and to keep their domain names), this is so customers can share log in information without registering with them all.

If backup buddy allows this I would need to backup the single installations, delete them from my host and then on the multisite create the same subdomain sites and individually migrate them across.

Please help, I look forward to your replies :), any further clarity please let me know

Sam

#2 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hi Sam, :)

Thanks for asking about this. Let's see (please let me know if you've any more questions)

1 : You can use BackupBuddy to make full backups of those 3 single sites.

2 : Then you can use BackupBuddy, on the Multisite, to import each of those sites (their backup) into the Multisite.

I hope that helps!

#3 Guest_Linda_*

Guest_Linda_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

I have a similar situation. I have a single Wordpress site and need to migrate it over to a multisite as one of the subsites. How is this accomplished? The admin running the multisite thinks this is not achievable.

#4 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 18,547 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

HI Linda,

There is an import feature in BackupBuddy multisite that someone would use to bring a standalone site into a multisite as a subsite. Though also know that multisite funcionality with BackupBuddy is beta and currently has experimental code for doing this. It should not be considered a part of the official product at this time and used with caution for live sites.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX