Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Important Security Update for All iThemes Customers - please read this

Essence Theme Color

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Karen Rothstein_*

Guest_Karen Rothstein_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hi, Newbie here. I own the Flexx theme, which I love. I'm considering purchasing the Essence theme for my husband's site. He does not like the color choices. Can the code be modified to match the colors of his brand? Thanks so much for you response.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,501 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

Hi,

it can be done, but it requires knowledge of css, and image editing software to change background images etc. We can help out with some basic css changes to change a colour (we can provide the css code) however, redesigning an entire theme, all colours etc, is not within the scope of our support,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Suzi_*

Guest_Suzi_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

When you say you "can provide the css code", does that mean the css doesn't come with the theme when we download it? We're just about ready to purchase a theme and have narrowed our selection down but want to ensure we can make some edits ourselves.

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,501 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

Hi,

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Of course the theme, all themes come with the css code, and the css files. What I meant to say was that, if, say, you wanted to change the colour of the post headers, and post a support request for assistance on how to do so, we would provide you with the code snippet, that you can add to the stylesheet to accomplish that,

so we would then provide you with this code (not the actual code required!)

.post .header {
color: #123456;
}

And of course you are free to do your own modifications, without contacting support

does that clarify?
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.