Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Backup Buddy And Desktop Server

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dana Bialashewski_*

Guest_Dana Bialashewski_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Hi, I use a product called Desktop Server to develop Wordpress sites locally on my machine. Would your product allow me to clone a local development wordpress site and then deply it live? Thanks.

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 17,715 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hi Dana,

Yes BackupBuddy can be used for that. Plenty of the people with BackupBuddy use it for that very purpose, to build a site in a development location (locally, subdirectory test folder, or another domain, etc) and then migrate it to the live location once ready.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 greenbeing

greenbeing

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, BackupBuddy
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

As a follow question here: Where it comes to using Backup Buddy locally with DesktopServer, should BackBuddy be installed as an Individual, MultiSite Network, or MultiSite Site?  Also, I want to migrate at least one individual legacy site running locally under XAMPP (backup by BackupBuddy) to the DesktopServer environment.  From there I would deploy sites live and back them up from the hosted server and/or development (local) server.

Thanks.

#4 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 13,312 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

Hi greenbeing

BackupBuddy is installed as a plugin on either standalone or multi-site installations. On a multi-site installation it would be network activated. Please note that multi-site capabilities are currently in beta.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."