Backupbuddy With Dreamhost

dreamhost backupbuddy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Teresa_*

Guest_Teresa_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

I have a developer license for BackupBuddy but can't seem to log in with the same details or create a new account, so posting this here.

Okay, so I know (a little late unfortunately) that Dreamhost is not ideal for BackupBuddy for a variety of reasons. I've tried installing it and the issue I'm getting doesn't appear in the support documents - after scheduling the cron it keeps pinging endlessly 'Ping. Waiting for server . . .'. The file never grows beyond 0mb. Dreamhost support assures me that other than not allowing storage of backups (I'll be storing mine remotely anyway) my hosting package satisfies the requirements. Is there something I can do or change to get things working, or should I just cut my losses and move on to another host?

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 28,722 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hi,

can you please send me an e-mail (ronald@ithemes.com) with your iThemes membername, and e-mail address with which you purchased, so I can look into your account, and why you are unable to sign in. And fix that of course,

Once you can sign in, the crew of BackupBuddy moderators will attend to your support request asap,

thanks,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 zanniat

zanniat

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

Hi,

I just bought BackUp Buddy and tried to install but it forever and cannot install the plugin.

I am using DreamHost web host.

Please help me.

www.zanniat.com

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 28,722 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

@zanniat,

please post this in the Backupbuddy support forum: http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/74-backupbuddy/

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.