Builder Functionality

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_stanTHEman_*

Guest_stanTHEman_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

Does ithemes builder allow the creation of fucntionality or is it for design/layout only?

#2 Chris Jean

Chris Jean

Code Monkey

• Administrators
  • 3,342 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

I'm not sure that I understand your question.

What type of functionality are you asking about?

#3 Guest_stanTHEman_*

Guest_stanTHEman_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostChris Jean, on 09 May 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

thanks for responding chris. im trying to build a site that allows (1)users to create a profile, (2)allows users to input information and (3) make the information input by users searchabe by users. can i create all of those functions with theme builder or would additional plugins be needed

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostChris Jean, on 09 May 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

Im wanting to use ithemes builder to create a dynamic site and im wondering if i can create functions using ithemes builder. such as allows users to create profiles, allows users to input information and have that information searchable on my site. are those functions available via ithemes builder or would i need additional plugins?

#5 Chris Jean

Chris Jean

Code Monkey

• Administrators
  • 3,342 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

View PoststanTHEman, on 09 May 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

thanks for responding chris. im trying to build a site that allows (1)users to create a profile, (2)allows users to input information and (3) make the information input by users searchabe by users. can i create all of those functions with theme builder or would additional plugins be needed

Builder does not have any built-in ability to do that.

WordPress has options to allow people to create accounts. Plugins such as Gravity Forms allow you to build custom forms. I'm not sure what tools may be able to tie those two together complete with a search ability. Such a solution may have to be custom.