Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Tabber Conflicting With Wordpress 3.3.2 Or Twenty Eleven Theme

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jummy_*

Guest_Jummy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

Hello,

My problem is no widget areas are being created in the dashboard when Tabber is created. I am running WordPress 3.3.2 and using the Twenty Eleven theme. I have deactivated all plugins with the exception of Tabber.

After installing and activating Tabber, I went to Tools>Tabber Widgets and added a new tabber, Main.

I then went to Appearance > Widgets and I dragged the widget titled Tabber Widget from the left side of the page (under Available Widgets) to the Right hand side (Main Sidebar). My understanding is the widget areas that I created when I added the tabber Main should show up in this right hand section. They do not.

However, when I go to my site the tabs are there, but with no content (since the tabs don't show up in the dashboard, I don't know how I can add content to them).

Is there a known conflict between the Twenty Eleven theme or WordPress 3.3.2 and Tabber? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,356 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

Hi,

once you've named your tabber (say "mytabs"), and added titles for each widget, you will find 3 additional "Tabber - mytabs - title" widget areas in wp-dashboard > Appearance > widgets (right side). You can populate these with any widget you like, so that the content will show up in the location where you add the actual "Tabber" widget.

hope that helps,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Jummy_*

Guest_Jummy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

Thank you for your reply, Ronald, but unfortunately the instructions you provided don't work with the Twenty Eleven theme: For anyone else having trouble I had to create a dummy tabber (Main-tabber) with exactly four tabs (not three!) and then create the actual tabber that I want to show up (Main) before the widget areas will show up on the bottom right hand side of my Appearance > Widget section.

I'm not sure why this is the case but at least it seems to work!

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,356 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

thanks for sharing!

I will bring this to the attention of the dev's though so they can look into this,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.