tabber sidebars ordering problems

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 riskiii

riskiii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:59 PM

I am creating a large website using genesis because of the nice posts and page widgets included. The problem that I am having is that if I create a new sidebar by adding it to the functions.php file, the widget contents that were in the tabber widgets are now off by the number of new sidebars I create. I then have to move them to get them in the right position. I first thought that it was using alpha order, but it turns out that tabbers always are after the ones created in functions.php. Is there any workaround?

Also, the readme.txt in tabber is for builder, not for tabber. You might want to make a point release and fix that, just so people will not get confused.
Danny G Smith

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,145 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:51 PM

Hi Danny,

how do you create a new sidebar, what code are you using? e.g. for multiple sidebars, use the register_sidebar() function (with arguments) rather than the register_sidebars().

And, does this happen when you use another theme as well?

let us know,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 riskiii

riskiii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:19 PM

I am using Genesis theme framework by StudioPress. I think, but am not sure that it just orders by id number not by name as tabber does. I have not found a work around yet.
Danny G Smith