Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Backup Buddy In Dev. Suite And Apache

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Richard_*

Guest_Richard_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

Hello again,

If I buy Backup Buddy through the Developer Suite does that mean I can use it on unlimited sites? What license will it come with?

Also, will it run OK on hosting with Apache 1.3 installed, not 2.x ?
When running the ServerBuddy utility I get the Warning:  AddHandler in .htaccess, (suggested value: host dependent) (actual value: exists)

Thank you,
Richard

#2 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 13,359 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

Hi Richard

Thanks for your enquiry - yes, the Developer Suite is associated with a Developer Plan membership and _all_ plugins included within the developer suite can be licenced on unlimited sites - "Developer Plans for all plugins – Get automatic upgrades on unlimited sites" (additional details on the product description page: http://pluginbuddy.com/combos/).

BackupBuddy does not depend on any particular version of Apache (it's running with the WordPress application so has no particular direct coupling) so there are no particular known issues with this and I guess if you use the most up to date version (I believe Apache.org released the final version - barring security related updates - back in 2010) the chances of issues with WordPress overall are minimsied.

The Add-Handler warning is related to migration. When you migrate a site to another host/server the .htaccess file will be migrated also. Some hosts make use of an Add-Handler directive (and/or other similar/related directives) in .htaccess to control how PHP files are processed, e.g., which version of PHP is used. Those directives may be incompatible with a new server environment - the server may just ignore them or it may cause the server to fail and generate a 500 Internal Server Error. In general the .htaccess file is always worth paying attention to on the source and destination sites when doing a migration.

I hope that answers your enquiry to your satisfaction but please let us know if you require any additional clarification or have any further questions, thanks.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."

#3 Guest_Richard_*

Guest_Richard_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

Thank you, that was very clear.
Much appreciated.