Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Renewing License After It Lapsed Questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Shari C_*

Guest_Shari C_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hello,

I did email to sales with this question this morning but just realized that I might get a response sooner on the forum so I am posting here. Hope that is ok. I am feeling urgency about this because my website is under attack by hackers daily since Sunday and I am trying to get this to stop.

I have a Plugin Buddy license that has lapsed. I still have Backup Buddy 2.2.8, Rotating Text 1.0.10 and Slideshow 1.0.27 active on my Wordpress blog. I am being relentlessly and repeatedly hacked this week and my web hosting company told me to either delete or update all plug ins to help close any security gaps that may be how the hackers keep getting in even after it is cleaned up. I want to renew my licenses today by buying the Developers Suite.

How do I buy this and upgrade while maintaining all of the active customized content I have in the Slideshow and Rotating text? I do not want to lose the content.

Thank you for your help.

Shari C

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,829 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

Hi Shari,

what exactly do you mean by "customized content"? Did you change any of the plugin code or files? If not, upgrading your license will not affect the content of your plugins (or rather, the plugin settings in WordPress). Upgrading your plugins to the latest version won't either,

You can purchase an upgrade by logging into the membership page, to which you should still have access.

hope that helps,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Shari C_*

Guest_Shari C_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

Ronald,

Thank you so much for responding.

By customized I just mean that it has my content on it with my images, titles, links, etc that would be very difficult to reconstruct if I lost it. I have not done anything to the code or files - although the hackers may have. The hackers are terrible.

I have tried repeatedly to get into the members forum using the user name and password I have written down and used in the past but I am not able to get in. Can you give me a suggestion of what to do to get in?

Thanks,

Shari