Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

Do You Have A Plugin For Doing 301 Redirects After You Transfer A Blog Using A New Domain Name With Backupbuddy?

301 301 redirects 301 redirect redirects

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 buildingAbiz

buildingAbiz

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

Hi Guys,

I have bought your BackupBuddy plugin and 1st off THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! It worked flawlessly and with a little help from your support team I got it all transferred from my old domain lacefront-wig.com/blog to my new one: wealthyhair.com/blog but now I have just realized that now I have to do a 301 redirect from every url from my old blog domain name to my new blog domain name. And since they are both identical in the url structure except the beginning domain name part, I would not think it would be that challenging to do the 301 redirect to them. BUT I have soooooo many url’s and it is going to take me a month to do them all one by one. So with all of that said do you know of or have you made some sort of a plugin that will somehow find every possible url from my old site (like a sitemap or something?) and input that into a 301 redirect form and then also have it were all of the corresponding new domain name urls are matched up with the old ones and imputed into 301 redirect to form? Maybe it could work with one of these 2 plugins?:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/redirection/screenshots/

or this one

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/quick-pagepost-redirect-plugin/screenshots/

Sorry to put so many links on this post but this is something that is VERY important so Google does not see our new blog as a crazy amount of duplicate content.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,407 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hi,

the redirection plugin seems to be the most popular and effective, and is under active development and being maintained and updated regularly,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 buildingAbiz

buildingAbiz

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

Hi Ronald,

I was thinking of using the Redirection plugin to do it but the issue is how do I go about getting every single url of my old blog domain name 301 redirected to my new blog domain name with out having to painstakingly one by one going through each one and manually doing this?  There has to be a better, faster way..... if not then this would be another FANTASTIC plugin you could offer along with the BackupBuddy plug in ;-)  Because this is a MUST for anyone that is changing domain names using your BackupBuddy plugin.  (Also is there a easy way or tool to find every single url that my blog site has?)

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 31,407 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:32 AM

Hi,

check these out: https://www.google.com/search?&q=redirect+301+htaccess

that's basically what the plugin does for you.

And if only the domain changes in the url, it only takes one redirection,

Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 buildingAbiz

buildingAbiz

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

Thank you Ronald for helping me out with this :-)  I have just read most of those posts and I see that I can do it with just 1 redirection (Thank God!) because it is just the domain name that changes in the URL's all of the other URL's are exactly identical like olddomain/blog/something and now the new one is newdomain/blog/something.  I have installed the Redirection plugin that you recommended but it seems to have a LOT of different 301 redirecting options?  Do you know which one I would use to make the one 301 redirection to have it redirect all my URL's to the correct corresponding URL's?

Again thank you so much for any advice you can share with me on how to do this :-)

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 31,407 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

Hi,

for support on (using) that plugin, please use the plugin developers support/helpdesk or search etc. This is (quite a bit) beyond the scope of pre-sales questions, and I don't have a ready answer

thanks,
Ronald