Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Template Recommendation?

template

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 beegredd

beegredd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:49 PM

Hi, I'm being hired to rebuild http://www.cremationsociety-wi.com into a wordpress site including ecommerce.

By rebuild, I mean duplicate as close to 100% identical as possible.

Which theme do you recommend I use?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mike

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 6,049 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

Hi Mike,

That's a really hard call to make!  It depends a lot on your skills and what exactly your client is looking for.  We don't have a theme that matches that exactly, so it's going to take some adjusting and maybe coding on your part no matter which theme you choose.

The benefit of choosing Builder, is you get a lot of flexibility with the layout of the theme.  It also comes with the Builder Style Manger plugin which helps when it comes to changing the style of your site.

If you are specifically looking for an ecommerce theme, we have Depot and Market, both of which were designed specifically for ecommerce sites.  We also have themes that would be a good start for you as far as the color scheme for your site; maybe one like Ionic: Green.

Again, the decision is ultimately based on your skills and what the client needs and wants!  I don't know if this was really helpful or not!  :)  But please feel free to ask any other questions you may have!

Thanks,

Elise

#3 beegredd

beegredd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:33 PM

Hi Elise,

The site is used as the example http://www.cremationsociety-wi.com is being relocated but the company that built it won't let go of the code so it needs to be rebuilt. My client, the owner of the site, is looking duplicate it's appearance and functionality as close as possible.

I'm fairly experienced in building Wordpress sites (specifically iThemes) and not afraid to leverage the forums, Google, etc, to find answers when I run into a snag.  The site I mention doesn't look too difficult to duplicate but was hoping somebody could take a look and maybe see something I might be missing.

I've never used a builder theme but have been looking for a reason to start.  You think that would be this would be the best theme to work with to duplicate this site?

Thanks much for your input Elise,

Mike