Installing Backupbuddy Inside Mu-Plugins Folder

backupbuddy mu-plugins install

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Timothy_*

Guest_Timothy_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

Hello,

I want to purchase backupbuddy but I'm just wondering if it will still work if I'll install it on another directory instead of the default one which is the plugins directory. I was planning to install it on "mu-plugins" directory which is also located inside the wp-content folder.

The reason for this is I don't want my clients to see some of the plugins (mostly premium plugins) that I installed on their site, all of the plugins installed inside the mu-plugins directory works just fine. It's automatically activated with the use of a php loader that I also put inside the mu-plugins folder.

The loader script would go like this:

<?php // mu-plugins/load.php
require WPMU_PLUGIN_DIR.'/backupbuddy/backupbuddy.php';

If you can confirm that it will work, I'll purchase one.

Thanks.

Regards,

Tim

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 16,529 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

Hi Tim,

I believe it will work. I also tested doing as you described and it appears to work just fine. The devs don't see any reason why this would be a problem either.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 Dustin Bolton

Dustin Bolton

BackupBuddy Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Builder, All Plugins, Webdesign, BackupBuddy, Members
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:10 AM

I just wanted to also note and emphasize the caveats of this as per http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins#Caveats

BackupBuddy was not specifically designed or tested for use as a must-use plugin so it's not guaranteed though it appears to function properly.  This also won't hide the plugin from the users as it will still display in the menu.

Thanks.
The BackupBuddy Guy - Dustin Bolton's Website - Twitter - Linked In