Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Backup Buddy & Multi-Db

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_J-P_*

Guest_J-P_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

Hi,

I saw in the forum that someone at the end of last year was offering code that would make Backup Buddy work with Multi-DB from WPMU Dev. Has this been implemented yet?

thanks.

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 18,546 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

Hi J-P,

The feature isn't currently in BackupBuddy Multisite (beta) but has now been (re)bumped to the devs to look into.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 Guest_J-P_*

Guest_J-P_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

That would be great. I noticed a few people asking for it.

It is the one thing I need so I would purchase once it has been implemented. Is there anywhere I could track this to see when it has been implemented?

Thanks,

J-P

#4 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • 18,546 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hi J-P,

Someone with BackupBuddy could watch for PBBB-115 in the changelog for new versions that get pushed out. Or by following the member's thread talking about about the feature request.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#5 Guest_J-P_*

Guest_J-P_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:34 AM

Has there been any feedback from the developers? Did they look into the code that was being offered in the forum that would make it compatible with Multi-DB?

Thanks.

#6 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

Can Backup Buddy be installed twice on one domain?  For example if I have a live Wordpress site and set-up a sub-domain for that client to build a second site (sandbox) - can I install back-up buddy developer on both instances and keep a seperate backup of each - or will the top level domain back up both once installed?

#7 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • 18,546 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

Hi J-P and Chris,

@J-P,
What code are you referring to? Multi-DB isn't the top priority right now though as Multisite functionality is still in beta.

@Chris,
Yes, BackupBuddy can be installed on each WordPress installation.

Their backups can also be kept separate. By default BackupBuddy the top level domain will backup up everything including the subdomain but can be told in BackupBuddy's Settings page to not include that directory in backups. That is actually the preferred BackupBuddy setup for multiple sites in the same spot like that (that is; BackupBuddy installed on each site with top level domains having the lower ones excluded).

Thanks,
-Akers
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#8 Guest_J-P_*

Guest_J-P_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

Hi Akers,

The member "Skyrocket" mentioned he had some code that works here http://ithemes.com/forum/topic/20682-using-backupbuddy-with-wpmudevs-multi-db/page__hl__databases__fromsearch__1

Can you post back in here if this code may be included?

Thanks,

J-P

#9 Dustin Bolton

Dustin Bolton

BackupBuddy Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Builder, All Plugins, Webdesign, BackupBuddy, Members
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

Hello,

I have not received the aforementioned code.  If someone will send it to me I can look into it but nothing has been posted or shared so multi db is still not supported.

Thanks,
Dustin
The BackupBuddy Guy - Dustin Bolton's Website - Twitter - Linked In

#10 Guest_Rookie_*

Guest_Rookie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hello there. I'm looking for a backup plugin that will cover the whole site, which has WP (including database and files) and CRM (database and files)..
I'm told BackupBuddy's what I need, but I've not seen this confirmed. If not, could someone suggest an alternative?

Why does BackupBuddy offer TWO licences, if it works on multisites? What's the second licence for?

Cheers, G

#11 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • 18,546 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

Hi Rooki,

Multisite functionality wasn't originally part of BackupBuddy and was added in later.

I'm not familiar with CRM but if its files are in the WordPress installation then those will get backed up as well (unless tell BackupBuddy not to back it up as a backup exclusions) since BackupBuddy will back up everything in the WordPress installation. If CRM has a separate database though then no. If same database that the WordPress installation uses then can check the box in BackupBuddy's Settings page to backup all database tables which will get other database tables not in the WordPress prefix.

Thanks,
-Akers

PRAISE LORD HELIX

#12 Guest_PhilEsq_*

Guest_PhilEsq_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

Any word on Multi-DB yet?  I can no longer use Backup Buddy since I installed Multi-DB.  I would uninstall Multi-DB just to use Backup Buddy but I've been told that I can't uninstall Multi-DB.

#13 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • 18,546 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

Hi PhilEsq,

No update on it and unlikely to be supporting this soon. Multisite functionality is still in beta (so multsite actually has higher priority right now even than multi-db) so for live/production purposes standalone is preferred if possible.

Thanks,
-Akers
PRAISE LORD HELIX