Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Will Importbuddy Work Without A Current Subscription?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 JanetH

JanetH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

I bought backup buddy some time over a year ago and, as I haven't developed any new WordPress sites recently, I decided not to bother renewing recently. However, I had one site that was in progress and is now completed and ready to migrate from my development area to its own domain. I've entered a password in settings but when I try to run importbuddy I get the message that the password is wrong. I KNOW I've used the same password as its one I use a lot.... Is it that I have to have an active subscription for it to work?

#2 Chris Jean

Chris Jean

Code Monkey

• Administrators
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

An active subscription is not required to have BackupBuddy function. You simply won't get any updates or support.

The most likely explanation for what is happening is that there is a password mismatch somewhere or you are using an importbuddy.php file that was generated with a different password.

I'm sorry that I can't offer any more help than this given the expired subscription.

#3 JanetH

JanetH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

Thanks Chris. That has given me enough info to figure out what has gone wrong... BackupBuddy has moved on a few versions since I last used it - it used to be that one version of ImportBuddy was used for all sites - didn't previously have any password info. I've now downloaded a new version of ImportBuddy from the site, AFTER setting password and it works :-)