Will Importbuddy Work Without A Current Subscription?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 JanetH

JanetH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

I bought backup buddy some time over a year ago and, as I haven't developed any new WordPress sites recently, I decided not to bother renewing recently. However, I had one site that was in progress and is now completed and ready to migrate from my development area to its own domain. I've entered a password in settings but when I try to run importbuddy I get the message that the password is wrong. I KNOW I've used the same password as its one I use a lot.... Is it that I have to have an active subscription for it to work?

#2 Chris Jean

Chris Jean

Code Monkey

• Administrators
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

An active subscription is not required to have BackupBuddy function. You simply won't get any updates or support.

The most likely explanation for what is happening is that there is a password mismatch somewhere or you are using an importbuddy.php file that was generated with a different password.

I'm sorry that I can't offer any more help than this given the expired subscription.

#3 JanetH

JanetH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

Thanks Chris. That has given me enough info to figure out what has gone wrong... BackupBuddy has moved on a few versions since I last used it - it used to be that one version of ImportBuddy was used for all sites - didn't previously have any password info. I've now downloaded a new version of ImportBuddy from the site, AFTER setting password and it works :-)