Backup Buddy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ted Sudol_*

Guest_Ted Sudol_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

Hi,

I've sent in several presales requests and haven't gotten back any response. Since they there are no refunds they syggest you ask all of your questions before you purchase. I watched the video on the site and I want to make sure my understanding is right.

If I set up a Wordpress site, load in the plugins I want, configure wordpress the way I want it - permalinks, reading, writing, etc., then configure all of the plugins for instance enter my askimat key and use backupbuddy to migrate the wordpress domain to another domain and restore there the migrated site will be set up the way I set up the original - wordpress will be configured the way I want it, the plugins will be configured the way I set them up in the original (askimat key will be entered, etc) Is that correct? Since I want the migrated Wordpress installation to be running on its own mysql database will I be given a chance to rename the restored database before the restoration? Thanks in advance for your help.

All the best,

Ted Sudol

#2 Dustin Bolton

Dustin Bolton

BackupBuddy Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Builder, All Plugins, Webdesign, BackupBuddy, Members
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:14 AM

That's absolutely correct! Everything on the imported site will be configured and set up the same way it was on the source site.

You will be given the opportunity to change database settings on import/migration of your site using the import tool, importbuddy.php

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks!
The BackupBuddy Guy - Dustin Bolton's Website - Twitter - Linked In

#3 Guest_Ally_*

Guest_Ally_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:03 PM

Can you us Backup Buddy, to create a site, as described in the original post above with all configurations created to your specs, then export to a new hosted domain to create a secondary site? Meaning, can a webmaster use this plugin as an efficient way to get the basics of a WP site up and running (vs. doing all manually)?

Thanks!

#4 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:08 PM

Yes, Ally.