Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Amazon S3 And Ezs3

Easy Video Player EZS3 PluginBuddy DisplayBuddy compatibility

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Linda_*

Guest_Linda_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

Online chat sales support sent me here because they couldn't answer my question - hope somewhere here can help so I can make good use of my coupon! :)

All my vidoes are hosted at Amazon S3.  I use both Easy Video Player and EZS3 as players.  When I watched your demo videos, it seemed that only videos hosted at Vimeo and Youtube were supported for the Video Showcase and other features of DisplayBuddy.  I know that Amazon S3 works for VidEmbed, but I already know how to incorporate videos into pages and posts - I'd like the advantages of DisplayBuddy.

Please let me know what I can and can't use for my videos if I get the PluginBuddy Devleoper Suite (which seems like a great deal, but only if I can make use of the capabilities!).

Thanks in advance!

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

Hi Linda,

VidEmbed and Video Showcase are our only two video related plugins.  Both allow you to use stand alone videos, so you simply have to input the url for the video hosted in S3.  If there is something more specific you are wanting to accomplish with your videos, please let me know and I can tell you whether not it's possible with our plugins.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Guest_Linda_*

Guest_Linda_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

That does indeed, thank you.  I really like the showcase and would have been very disappointed to buy it and than be able to use it.  Of coruse, I'm told BackupBuddy is worth the price of the whole combo-pack, so maybe my disappointment would have been shortlived.

Thanks for the quick response!

#4 carpe_annum

carpe_annum

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

FYI, one CANNOT use Amazon S3 hosted videos in Video Showcase.  S3 video URLs are HTTPS, which are not supported by the showcase.  I am really annoyed about this!  I would not have bought the whole developer suite had I known that the showcase is pretty much useless to me (I also wanted BackupBuddy and thought some of the other plugins might come in handy).  I will play around with it some more to see if I can get what I need (and the protection I want) using EZS3 (Amazon S3's companion video player).

If not, I would like a refund.

Thanks.

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

Hi carpe_annum,

Stand alone videos (including videos from S3) can be added in Video Showcase using the video file's url.  If you are having issues getting this to work, please post your questions in the Video Showcase forum and we'll do our best to help you out!

Thanks

Elise