Flexx Question-2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
-1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Juan Manuel_*

Guest_Juan Manuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

Can I build a site like this:  http://bigvisionbusiness.com/ with Flexx?

If not, what other theme is the one I could?

Thank you

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,145 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

Hi,

check out the Flexx theme demos. They will show you the appearance of the Flexx themes. If you feel confident and have the proper skills, you could edit the html and css to re-create the look of the site you linked to. However, Builder seems to be a much more appropriate choice, with a wide variety of child themes with different styles.

hope that helps,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Juan Manuel_*

Guest_Juan Manuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:07 AM

Thank you Ronald.

I don't have any technical skills to do html or css, this is why I thought of Flexx because it is the one I see recommended again and again, but I do want to create a website and a blog that serve well the info business I am starting up.

In order to decide whether to go with Builder or Flexx I would appreciate if you can
  • I have seen in the page layouts options that there is a specific number of widget areas, does this limit the number of widgets or things to have on the side bar? I have seen in this Flexx site: http://www.websitecreationworkshop.com/blog/about-christina/ that there are many things on the side bar and when I compare this with the Flexx layouts with the four widgets on the sidebar it comfuses me
  • Can I build a blog like this: http://www.hartofsuccess.com/ with Flexx without getting into html or css
  • Is Builder as easy to use as Flexx?

Thank you very much.

Juan Manuel

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,145 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

Hi,

1. each widget section can accommodate as many widgets as you want in that widget section.
2. "can I buiild a blog like this", is not an easy, nor a clear question. Do you mean you want a site that looks exactly like that? Or has exactly the same functionality? In both cases, it will again boil down to your coding skills. Flexx provides the looks for WordPress. You can see these from the theme demos. Adding functionality to WordPress is done through plugins.
3. Builder offers more (endless) flexibility in designing the layout of your site. Builder also has a much more varied number of child themes, giving you more to choose from. Builder also comes with a (basic) stylemanager allowing you to change various aspects of your site (font, (background) colors etc) without having to use code. I suggest checking out the documentation on Builder and the (video) tutorials that can be found in this page: http://ithemes.com/purchase/builder-theme/ Flexx is limited in the number of layouts you can choose from (one side bar left or right, double sidebar left or right, no sidebars, yes or no widget bar at the top or at the bottom), but for some that may be just enough.

hope that helps.
Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:51 AM

Thank you very much Ronald for your help, your answers have helped me a lot in getting clear and make the right choice. I have decided to go for the Builder.

Hugs.

Juan Manuel

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,145 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

excellent choice ;)  thanks!