resolved

Increasing Tabber Widget Tabs

in progress tabber widget

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 rueben55

rueben55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

Dear Tech Support:

I need to have 11 tabs in tabber widget.  I went into the editor.php file (tabber widget) and modified the counter from 10 to 12.  I was able to see two more tabs when creating the widget.  However I do not get the additional widget to populate nor do I see it on my widget list as 11.

I viewed the other PHP files in the tabbler widget folder, init.php and widget.php, but all the code is data base driven.  Only the editor.php had any reference to a fixed value in the counter (10) I changed all occurrences of 10 to 12 and the additional two tabs appeared.  I only needed one extra tab.  I added the additional tab and was able to give it a label save it and retrieve.  What else do I need to do, if I can do it (don't see why I cannot increase the widget count).

I am working on our corporate website.  The tabs represent our offices in China and Hong Kong.  I have 11 offices.  The tabber only allows for 10.  If I can only have 10 I will have to move Hong Kong, which is the HQ.  I am now missing my last tab which is Xiamen.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The link of the page is below in case you want to see how I am  using the tabber widget.

http://www.shipamerican.net/tac-asia

Regards,
Robert

PS. the home page is http://www.shipamerican.net/home.  This website is going to replace our current production website of (20 years).  The production site is www.shipamerican.com

#2 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:24 AM

Moving this to Tabber support forum.

#3 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hi Robert,

The only file you need to change is editor.php.  Here is a copy of the updated code with 11 tabs available.  I made the changes and everything seems to work just fine on my site!

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Elise

#4 rueben55

rueben55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

Dear Elsie:

Your a life saver, it worked.  Thanks much.  Now all our offices in China can be viewed using the tabber widget.

Regards,
Robert

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

Great, Robert!  So glad that worked for you!

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Elise