Back Buddy On Bluehost

bluehost

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#-19 Guest_Brian Bailey_*

Guest_Brian Bailey_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

I ran the server buddy plugin before making a purchase and I received two warings under Server Configuration:

AddHandler in .htaccess host dependant exists WARNING
PHP Magic Quotes GPC disabled enabled WARNING

My ISP is bluehost. Do you know if Backup Buddy will work with bluehost?

#-18 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 16,195 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hi Brian,

Both warnings should't keep BackupBuddy from working properly.

The PHP Magic Quotes GPC warning is more of a "for your information about your server in general" type of check. For properly coded software it shouldn't be needed so isn't recommended to have enabled.

The Addhandler though can cause issues when migrating to other servers. Some hosts will use an addhandler type line of code (such as telling the server about PHP versions to use) and if you migrate the site to another server but the new server isn't set to handle the addhandler like that then it can cause PHP to not work right. PHP would get affected by that after that .htaccess file gets extracted out of the backup being used for the migrating. Can simply remove the .htaccess file after it gets extracted then regenerate a new one after the migration is complete in those cases, or remember it is there and remove it yourself before a migration to a new server.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#-17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

Thanks for replying to my post. I'll purchase Backup Buddy and give it a go.