My Flexx Theme Went Down!

FLEXX THEME

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Cheryl Lynn

Cheryl Lynn

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

HI:

My website went down today and I am NOT a happy camper!

I contacted my hosting company and they pulled the themes from you cpanel and they figure this is the problem.

I did NOTHING with my site.  Why did this happen.  How can I reinstall it without loosing my theme style changes?  What do I do?  Where do I go for help NOW?  What is my license code?

I purchased the flexx theme product back in 2010.

I need help ASAP!

Warmly,
Cheryl Lynn

http://www.cheryllynninternational.com

#2 Chris Jean

Chris Jean

Code Monkey

• Administrators
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

This is caused by the Retweet plugin that is running on your site. retweet.com was sold a couple of years back. It looks like the people that own the domain now are using their access to forcibly redirect sites that still run the retweet.com integration to their own spammy ad pages.

The solution is to deactivate and delete that plugin as it won't do anything for your site anymore as retweet.com doesn't exist any more.

#3 Chris Jean

Chris Jean

Code Monkey

• Administrators
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

FYI: Your membership expired more than a year ago. We won't be able to provide you any more support beyond this without a membership update.

#4 Cheryl Lynn

Cheryl Lynn

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Thanks so much!

Why would this retweet plugin affect my theme.  When hostgator took the theme's off the site was ok but had not theme.  How do I get my theme back on my site?  What is my activation code from 2010's purchase?

Warmly,
Cheryl

#5 Cheryl Lynn

Cheryl Lynn

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Hey Chris:

I deleted the plugin and everything is working fine now.  WOW, how a plugin can have an effect on a theme.  How can someone prevent this from happening in the future?

Warmly,
Cheryl

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,384 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Hi,

the theme should be fine, it was the plugin that was causing this.You should ask Hostgator to reinstall the theme.

However, if you wish to download a fresh copy of the latest version of the theme, you need to purchase a new subscription, since your subscription has expired. More here: http://ithemes.com/purchase/flexx-theme/

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#7 Cheryl Lynn

Cheryl Lynn

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

Thank you so much!  Theme and everthing is working OK....right now that is  :)

I am a alumni of Christina Hills so I will get all the info from her.  I should have though my original activiation code on your site right?  Where would I get that?

Warmly,
Cheryl

#8 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,384 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

Hi Cheryl,

I'm not sure what you mean by activation code, but if you go to the membership page here: http://ithemes.com/member/member.php you can retrieve your password for the membership page using your e-mail address or username. For further help, please contact sales@ithemes.com by e-mail,

Thanks,
Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#9 Cheryl Lynn

Cheryl Lynn

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

Thanks,

I meant that if I re-install the Flexx theme will I not be asked for an activiation code?

Warmly,
Cheryl

#10 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,384 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hi,

ah I see, Flexx doesn't require an activation code, never has, and never will :)

Ronald

#11 Cheryl Lynn

Cheryl Lynn

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

Thanks so much Ronald.  :)