Renewing Every Year?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#-19 Guest_Susan_*

Guest_Susan_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

Hi there:

In September of 2011 I purchased Builder Theme - Developer Pack (Unlimited sites). I didn't realize that this was a yearly billing for templates when I purchased it. I don't want to keep having to pay every year for only one template I'm using.

What are my other options?

Thank you,

Susan

#-18 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hi Susan,

You don't have to renew every year to continue using the product.  Keeping your subscription active allows you to access updates and the support forums.

Let me know if that clears up your question or not.

Thanks,

Elise

#-17 Guest_Jeff Cohan_*

Guest_Jeff Cohan_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

Then it seems that "Automatic Updates: Unlimited" really means "Automatic Updates: Unlimited number of updates during your 1-year license period".

a) It that right?

If so, then I'd infer that in order to have access to updates after my 1st-year license expires, I'd need to pay the full price again for the plan I originally purchased.

B) Is that right?

#-16 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,195 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

Hi,

yes, you are correct. We do offer 25% discount for renewals though, so you won't be paying full price again,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#-15 Chuck Stocking

Chuck Stocking

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

I am shocked at how calm Susan and Jeff were above.  I purchased the "PluginBuddy Developer Suite (Unlimited sites)" a year ago and was happy because it seemed like a really good deal.  No where did it mention that it was a year subscription.  I would not have purchased it if it had been a year subscription.  Does anyone else feel like ithemes kind of mislead them when they made their purchase?  I went back and looked at my original emails and invoice pdfs and they made no mention of a subscription expiration.  I have highly recommended ithemes to several colleagues, but this feels like a scam now.  Am I just over-reacting?  I know I can continue to use the products and that I am just losing support and updates when my subscription ends, but I don't really need the support (I've only used it once), but I would like the updates as a lot of the updates (particularly backup buddy) seemed security related.  My beef is really that I wasn't told it was a subscription.

#-14 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

Hi Chuck,

I'm sorry for the confusion.  However, on our sales page where you make your purchase, we do note that access to support and updates is good for one year.

Screen shot 2012-10-11 at 12.23.43 PM.png

The screenshot I included is of BackupBuddy, but it'd be the same for any item.

Again, I apologize if there was any confusion.  You can renew your subscription if you'd like and there is a 25% discount for renewing customers.  You can contact sales@ithemes.com for help with that if you'd like.

Thanks,

Elise

#-13 Guest_Jeff_*

Guest_Jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Is there a lifetime option for any of your products?  I was about to purchase the developer plugin package (all of them), and was unaware that updates expire in a year.  And was considering the new Builder 4.0.  This is going to be a multi year relationship, so a one time purchase option would be attractive to me.

Thanks.

#-12 Guest_Jeff_*

Guest_Jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

Are there any lifetime options?

#-11 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

Hi Jeff,

That isn't an option that I'm aware of!  You can always contact sales@ithemes.com though and they may have some options for you that would appeal to you more!

Thanks,

Elise