Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Why I Admire Ithemes And Especially Webdesign.com

WebDesign.com iThemes Cory Miller

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mcfitz

mcfitz

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit, Sync
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

When I find something I like, I share it with others. I've had a lot of opportunities to talk about iThemes and WebDesign.com over the past few months, and the latest was this week at a local WordPress Meetup. These are a few of the things I told them.

I have been a member of WebDesign.com since last October, and it's been the best time and money I've spent in the past year. Each webinar is interesting and the topics are directly related to working in WordPress, not some out-of-touch designer's idea of what's important. The "Professor," Benjamin Bradley, is extremely knowledgeable and a great speaker. He has an incredible knack for knowing what we are about to ask next. His ability to move from beginner to expert level is super helpful, because we're quite a mixed group.

I like iThemes because Cory Miller and team are not just pushing iTheme products, but they are out to help members become better designers, better developers, and better business owners. Cory's presentations on entrepreneurs have been great, and the guest speakers he's invited have really added to the mix. I admire what he's done with the company and I respect his work ethic.

Builder and the child themes are super to work with. [I explained the difference between "frameworks," themes and child themes as best I could.] Although the child themes with Builder don't look as fancy as some other themes at the start, the ability to do ANYTHING YOU WANT with the theme is a huge advantage over a pretty but limited theme. I don't like working with any other theme brand now, after working with Builder, and that's a fact. (Plus, the new Allure themes are pretty to start with! LOL)

When I mentioned the fact that iThemes makes BackupBuddy, most of the Meetup members perked up. They recognized it and were interested in other Plugins made by the company. I made sure to mention Chris Jean and the development team a time or two, and to say how attentive they were to their customers.

The best part of all, I ended with, was the support. I have been very pleased with the support I've gotten from iThemes, and I want to especially recognize Sridhar Katakam for his patience, guidance, and the incredible amount of care and time he puts into the forums. When I see the answers from Ronald and Sridhar, I wonder how two men can possibly know so much about WordPress, Builder, plugins, and everything else. Please know that the users appreciate you tremendously, even if it isn't said as often is should be.

Thank you!

Jan McClintock  ||  mcfitzsatx @ Skype & Twitter  ||  www.nightowlsites.com

#2 wildambitions

wildambitions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:54 AM

Well put and I completely agree!

WordPress | Builder & Child Themes | Web Design & Development | Business Development | Internet Marketing | Social Media | SEO

Get 1-on-1 Training or Site Design/Development From Kerry  The Ultimate Solution

Join the Online Work Network for Web Professionals

#3 Cory Miller

Cory Miller

iThemes CEO

• Administrators
  • 184 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

Jan, wow, got to read this last week on my vacation ... and just got back in the office today to re-read it. Comments like these remind us why we do what we do. They also inspire us to be and do better for you. Thank you for supporting us as we continue to do all the things you've mentioned!

--Cory
Founder, iThemes.com
Making web design fun and easy since 2008

Please don't PM me but you can email me at cory@ithemes.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WebDesign.com, iThemes, Cory Miller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users