Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Backup Buddy For Clients

backup buddy clients

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Marsha_*

Guest_Marsha_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

My previous backup plugin is no longer supported so I am looking at Backup Buddy. In the past each site would have it's own account for backups. With your license I'm not quite sure how this works. Would I need to be responsible for all backups for all of my clients? Would sending the backups to assorted email addresses or cloud accounts work?

Also, are all of the license options on an annual basis?

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

Hi Marsha,

You would not necessarily need to be responsible for the backups of all your clients.  Once it's installed on their site, they can either run manual backups or you can create scheduled backups for them.  On each site, you can create remote destinations to save the backups to including FTP, email, Dropbox and Amazon S3 that would be unique to that site.

The licenses are good for one year with your subscription.  You can continue to use BackupBuddy after the year without renewing your subscription, but you would no longer have access to support or product updates.  You would not be able to generate new license keys after the year.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

Thanks, this helps.

#4 Guest_John_*

Guest_John_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

Hi there --
I just got a WP theme that I am trying to install - it says to use ImportBuddy. It asks: "Please enter your ImportBuddy password to continue. This was set from the BackupBuddy settings page." Where do I get this?
Authentication Required

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

Hi John,

Can you sign in (should be the same username and password used to access your iThemes member panel) and post your question in the BackupBuddy forum?  They'll be able to help you out there.

Thanks,

Elise