Can't Login -- Can't Avoid Confusion...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CHUCK MILLER_*

Guest_CHUCK MILLER_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

The OS on my internal hard drive went corrupt. Apple couldn't fix it in an 8-day attempt. So I wiped the drive clean and started over. I have backups on external drives, but cannot come up with my username & password. I have my order number (and date of purchase: 3-3-2012) and will provide it if requested.

The confusion comes from not understanding why Backup Buddy doesn't just work silently and loyally in the background. I licensed 2 sites to use it, and on both BB is saying the the licensing must be attended to. What has changed? Given my lack of UN/PW, my only option is to turn it off.

One site has left my development site and will soon have the host's BB licensed to it. Do I need to do anything to turn off my license?

On the other site I simply wish to get the license back in good shape.

TIA...  (This is a post-sale question but since I cannot login in it seems my only choice.)

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

Hi Chuck,

You should be able to login using the same username and password you use to download your products from your iThemes member panel.  If that doesn't work for you, please let us know!

You'll then be able to post your questions in the licensing support forum and we'll be able to help out.  

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

You should be able to login using the same username and password you use to download your products from your iThemes member panel.  If that doesn't work for you...

That is what I am unable to come up with from my backup drive. So I can't login.

I am hoping that having my Order No. and my same email address will allow someone to resend my UN & PW...

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

You should be able to login using the same username and password you use to download your products from your iThemes member panel.  If that doesn't work for you...

Can't login since my "new" system doesn't have the UN & PW. Do have my order number.

(BTW, I like and value Backup Buddy. My current frustration is atypical. If this is a public forum, folks should know that.)

(And if this is a virtual dupe post, I regret it on a couple levels.)

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

Hey Chuck,

Since you have your same email address, you should be able to reset your password.  Go to your members panel and use the "forgot login" option to reset your password.  If that doesn't work for you can email sales@ithemes.com and they should be able to help you.

Give that a try, then let us know if you need more help.

Thanks,

Elise

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

Hi Chuck,

Instead of emailing sales@Ithemes.com, can you email support@ithemes.com with the email address you used when you made your purchase?  They'll be able to get your forum information reset.

Thanks,

Elise